Start your swimrun season in the best possible way with a long training weekend along the wild and fantastic Costa Brava, 1,5h north of Barcelona. You will get three days filled with Swimrun adventures, techniques, transitions, open water swimming, pool session, trail running, running technique, specific yoga for swimrunners and injury prevention strength training. We stay at Hostal La Fosca, a small hotel located along the beach of the La Fosca bay. Breakfast and dinner are served at the hotel while lunch is served where we train that day. There will be a lot of training but also time to enjoy a cold beer in the sun, have a massage, rest and enjoy the surroundings.
The price is 420€ and you can book here:
In order to keep the training camp personalized there are only 14 spots available per camp. We focus on learning and improving while having a good time. The camp is open to both the newbie and experienced swimrunner. If needed we’ll set up groups within the group for the different levels to guarantee high training quality for everyone. However, in order to make the most out of the camp we recommend that you can run and swim at least 8 km & 500m nonstop (time do not matter). The training sessions will be held by professional coaches in each sport. For the swimruns there will be a support car following the route with water and snacks. We have plan A, B & C for the swimruns and open water swimming so that we can make it happen, no matter what the weather is up to.
This is what a day out could look like
The camps are organized by Sarah Hansson, a Swedish personal trainer, running & swimrun coach living on Costa Brava together with the Spanish incoming training camp agency Agenda Sports. As a team they offer you the best local knowledge and experience with guarantees when it comes to organization, insurance and safety before, during and after your stay.
Sarah moved to Spain in 2006 and has been around Costa Brava since 2007. She knows the area better than most locals and she will take you too the most amazing trails and swims, as well as other hidden gems. Sarah started practicing swimrun in 2016 and has since been on the podium on 7 of 11 competitions, highlighting #2 at ÖTILLÖ 2017 in the women’s category and #2 at Cote Vermeille Ultra 2018 in mix.
Agenda Sports was founded in 1993 and they have organized training camps for New Zealand Triathlon, University of Cambridge, British rowing and the Russian Canoe federation to name a few.
- 3 nights accommodation in shared double room at Hostal La Fosca, Palamos.The sea is just outside the door!
- Half board (breakfast & dinner)
- 1 coffee break (Friday)
- all transport except transfer to and from the airport / Barcelona
- all training. At least (but if you want – more!): 1h pool, 1h open water, 1h strength, 2h yoga, 1,5h trail running + running technique, 1 long swimrun (3-4h) 1 short swimrun (2h).
- Car support during the swimrun sessions with water, fruit & energy
- insurance from arrival to departure
- Personal feedback on the training
- Strength & yoga program to do at home (pdf)
- Energy during the training sessions
- Possibility to try swimrun material + discounts if you wish to buy
- Goodie bag
What’s not included:
- flights to and from Barcelona or Girona
- Airport transfer (around 30€). Options will be sent to the participants once all flights are confirmed. If someone wish to organize the transfer on their own they can do so.
- lunch Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Hotel & location: Hostal La Fosca, la Fosca Palamos
Airport: Barcelona (1,5h) and Girona (40 minutes). Transfer (not included) will be organized once we know the arrival & departure times.
Weather & water: The water temperature in March is at least 13 degrees and the air 15-20 degrees celsius.
Sarah: +34 – 638176010